Spring 2007: Student Response to Moodle
of 64 students responding to survey -- these
are comments only)
If you have used Blackboard or WebCT for previous
online classes, please comment on what you thought
about the ease of use of this sysem (Moodle) compared
to what you've had before.
Equivalent, equivocal or no response (9
- Actually this is more complicated than blackboard
but I was still about to browse and view and
proceed with class after I did the tutorial.
- I didn't really prefer one over the other.
Blackboard has the ease of the buttons all
on one side of the page, whereas with Moodle
you have to "hunt" a bit more. Still,
I liked the way Moodle used a calendar--it
really made the due dates clear.
- I dislike WebCt but find Blackboard easier
to use. I wish everybody would be on the same
page and just use one system or program for
- I like both moodle and blackboard. They
are both easy to use and great for online
- I think this system works just as well as
blackboard if not better.
- No comment. This is my first online class.
However the experience was pleasant.
was no difference for me.
Liked Moodle better (17 = 52%)
- Everything is on one page and in a orginazed
- I used WebCT. This was everybit as easy,
and the home page much more interesting and
- Moodle was easier in many ways than WebCT
(the system I used for the last year and a
half). I liked the fact that the quizzes did
not open in a separate window, for example;
however, I wished that it would have kept
time somewhere so I could see how efficiently
I was working.
- I believe this class was a lot easier to
use other than [name deleted]'s Blackboard
class. Moodle offers more interaction and
it is a lot more "user friendly" to
people who have no idea what to do for an
- I enjoyed the usage and setup of Moodle.
- I found Moodle to be MUCH easier to use
then both Blackboard and Web CT.
- I liked your wway a lot better then blackboard
- I love Moodle!
- I really liked Moodle because it was a lot
easier to understand than Blackboard (I've
never used WebCT). I like how personal it
is and I feel more like part of a group which
is nice because previous online classes I've
taken, I've felt like I was very distant from
other students. I wish all my online classes
were on Moodle!
- Moodle is much more user-friendly and it
is nicer looking :)
- Moodle rules! very straightforward and easy
- This was my first internet class, but I
was very comfortable with the format.
was my first online class. I thought it
would be really complicated, especially since
I am technologically challenged. It was actually
an easy system. I didn't take the prequizzes,
and that's why I did not answer that question.
- I liked it because it is much better organized
- it is easier to navigate and has some nifty
- In my opinion Moodle has a greater
user friendly rating than Blackboard. Moreover,
Etudes is the most user friendly system
I have experienced.
- This class was by far the most fun I've
had learning a subject in college. The lessons
and quizzes were complex, yet understandable.
The moodle system made the course more relaxing
for me. In fact, this is the eighth class
I've taken online and it is quite simply the
most organized I have seen. There is strong
emphasis on student discussion that is not
prevalent other online classes. I truly felt
that there was a real classroom feel -- and
not just course on a web site. I would suggest
to anyone who wants to see how excellent an
online course can be, to take this class.
Professor Lisa Lane, has constructed a scholastic
masterpiece that really causes others online
courses to average and mundane. If I could
take this class again, I would do it in a
heartbeat. It has been said that an online
course is not as good as an on campus course.
However, the brilliance of this class would
- This system was more organized because it
was all focused on one course instead of many.
Liked Bb better or didn't like Moodle (7
- At first the program seemed cluttered, and
I prefer the blackboard discussion board a
little, but I never had any real problems
- I didn't like Moodle. I noticed a few bugs
in the program and I thought that they webpage
was too clustered with information.
- I have used Blackboard before and it was
a little easier just because the main page
doesn't have as much on it, my eyes tend to
go everywhere on the page- it's hard to find
what section I'm looking for sometimes.
- Moodle was a little more difficult at first,
to figure out.
- This is not my favorite online class board.
I found blackboard, or even etudes easier
to use. However, I did not think it was so
bad. I thought it worked out just fine
- This site was a little difficult to navigate
through. Having a side bar to the left of
the page with tabs that say for example "quizzes" would
have made it easier to get around.
- Its as easy as Blackboard, although I think
I still prefer Blackboard. I HATE E-Tudes,
that is the worst online learning tool ever
created. I hope instructors boycott it in